[Coco] Drivewire

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 23:50:03 EDT 2014

On Sep 26, 2014 9:25 PM, "Bill Nobel" <b_nobel at hotmail.com> wrote:

> On a side note Aaron a question,, I am looking to setup a decent Linux
server and deciding which flavour.  I have looked at Unbutu, Suse & Centos.
But I think I might go Debian would this be the wisest choice for a good
Server with DW4?  It seems to have the most packages available but I am not
too informed.

For the purpose of running Dw4, you really cannot go wrong with any modern
linux.  There are only two requirements, first a JRE and second the rxtx
libraries.   As far as I know both of these are available pre built in the
package management systems of all modern linuxes.  Even if you found a
linux without one of them, you could build either one from their sources
(but highly unlikely that would be needed).

You probably will have some reason to favor a particular flavor that is
better than anything related to drivewire.  I do like debian quite a lot
personally, but it's not for everyone, and my experience with the other
options is limited and pretty outdated.  For all I know, I'd like something
else better if I ever took the time to try them out :)