[Coco] Drivewire

Steve Ostrom smostrom7 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 26 16:33:30 EDT 2014

Just curious.  My Windows laptop that I used to run Drivewire 3 has broken.
I just purchased a refurbished HP Chromebook 14 from Woot that uses the
Chrome OS.  Can I get Drivewire to work with this Chromebook without having
to add Linux to the OS?  Anyone have any thoughts along this path?  I plan
to repair my old Toshiba Windows laptop so Drivewire is available again, but
thought that maybe the Chromebook might work.  How about the cable
connections?  I think the Chromebook (still being delivered) has USB 2.0 and
3.0 ports, HDMI, Wi-Fi and is the 4G model so can use T-Mobile 4G phone
service for data transfer.  It also has a multicard SD slot.  It's been
awhile, but I think I needed a serial port dongle connected to my Toshiba
for the Drivewire cable.

Has Drivewire every been converted to use a Coco serial to PC USB port, or
is that not even feasible?

Thanks!

--- Steve ---