[Coco] Problem w/MultiPak and Coco 3

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Wed Sep 24 10:05:59 EDT 2014

On Tue, 23 Sep 2014 07:48:07 -0400
"Bill" <cwgordon at carolina.rr.com> wrote:

> I have a MultiPak that works great with one of my Coco 3's, and both
> of my Coco 2's.
>
> However, my OTHER Coco 3 only shows me a blank, green screen when the
> MPI is hooked up.
>
> Anyone got an idea on this? I know that the soldered chips on the
> Coco 3 make it impossible(for me) to change out chips.
>
> Thanks

Bill:

    Is it possible that this MultiPak was not modified to work with
CoCo3s?? I bought one years ago that worked fine unmodified with my
first CoCo3, but, needed the mod to work with the second CoCo3 I bought.
Others have said that without the mod sometimes they work with a CoCo3
and sometimes not.

    Testing for the mod has been discussed on the list before. Can you
give us the model # of the MPI?? (There were 2 models with different
mods for CoCo3s.)

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
If you can't beat 'em, confuse 'em.  --Harry Truman