[Coco] in answer to Salvador Garcia

camillus.b.58 at gmail.com camillus.b.58 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 05:18:22 EDT 2014

Hi Salvador,

You have absolutely right, but do we all need our pc, mac, or what ever. We all like to upgrade to the latest stuff, do we need it?  There is always the factor that most things we have in live are not necessary in our live.

Being that said, as you look and read what is going on in the coco list, then you have to admit that many persons are busy to make something for the coco or there vintage computer. To make it better, faster, more productive, who will tell? The thing is we kind of love our little wonder, and to spice it up is just trying to give it a place next to the modern stuff. A place, which the coco even in his native state, well deserved.

The emulators are great, but the real thing is still the best. I suggested only additions to make it smoother, and more easier to use. I’m not in to a new coco, it would just not be the same, because I think personally that a 20 th century coco would not be a coco because it is not made by Radio Shack or Tandy whichever you prefer. The coco 3 was the last build and we need to be ok with that, but to keep the coco I/II/III alive is just a kind of love for what the coco is.

If someone finds an very old vintage car, he/she has to make probably many parts in a DIY way, because the genuine parts are just not there. Soon this will happen even with the coco’s, let it be the CPU, AVG, or GIME. These  parts  are not so easy available anymore. So now we are at the DIY stage, and that is exactly what I was trying to provoke. The choice of a FPGA is TMHO the best way to go.

Do we need it, maybe not, do we wanted……  I guess, if you are really a coco lover,  you know the answer, and if not then just read the articles on the coco list once over.

Cba

Sent from Windows Mail