[Coco] Assembly .BIN -> .CCC/.ROM = SOLVED!

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Sun Sep 7 22:06:40 EDT 2014

Hi Chad!
This is a very interesting idea you have come up with!  This process you've
outlined now gives the capability of storing a wealth of binary (.bin) files
in a massive eprom along with .rom game files to ultimately have the
Ultimate Diskless Game console with a massive rom storage!
I've been thinking of making an eprom board with the capability of 'dialing
up' the portion of the eprom the user would like to run to give the user the
capability of having multiple DOSes available to the user just by poking one
byte to a register in the eprom pak.  This would also work beautifully as an
Ultimate Game Pak also.
I'm also thinking of creating a menu program that would boot first giving
the user the capability of choosing which .rom/.bin image they wish to run.
As this menu would be in the first 16KB portion of the large eprom,  The
'directory list' of .bin/.rom images available would have to be custom
assembled for each user's purposes.  Then too I could try to collect up all
the possible .bin/.rom image files people might like to have, create the
master menu program and preburn a massive eprom or flash memory chip.  The
on-board register would of course address the extra address lines of the
eprom(s) available on this Ultimate Game pak.  Would anyone be interested in
this?  Any further thoughts on this idea?  Now to get busy on the schematic!
:)  Take care my friends!

Kip Koon
computerdoc at sc.rr.com
http://computerpcdoc.com/