[Coco] Assembly .BIN -> .CCC/.ROM = SOLVED!

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 10:53:43 EDT 2014

On Sat, Sep 6, 2014 at 1:20 AM, Chad H wrote:
> Well when the Rainbow IDE compiles it I get a 4K .CCC file that is mostly 00
> 00 00.  The "FF" clearly marks the spot.  Since its overwritten by the .BIN
> data, it's really not adding any size to the code.

OK, that surely works fine. Some would maybe prefer to use for
instance lwasm to compile, and with the --raw option it will just a
produce a file with the actual assembled code, say LOADER.BIN. Then
just merge this on the Windows command line "COPY /B
LOADER.BIN+GAME.BIN ROM.BIN". I don't know if padding ROM.BIN is
needed for your burner program. To pad I would use "dd" on Linux,
MacOSX or MinGW, don't know about any built-in Windows tools.

Tormod