[Coco] vcc and WIDTH command when using HDB-DOS

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Sat Oct 25 18:25:51 EDT 2014

On 26/10/2014 8:09 AM, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
> This is certainly an issue for some configurations, but in the case of the
> Vcc beta we actually include the correct ROM in the VCC installation
> package and mention this on the download page and I believe also in the
> Readme file.   In this situation I'm not sure it can be made much simpler.

I can't disagree with you. With so many versions, it's always going to
be difficult if people don't read all the documentation.

This may be a case of too many options. I believe in the saying,
"Sometimes less is more".

The other angle is that maybe newbie's should not be drowning themselves
into the things that have evolved over time without understanding what
the basics are first.

Is there a simpler way to achieve the same?

Do you really need that capability?

I guess, in the end of the day, we're all having fun... it just looks
like frustration on the outside.   :)

Nick