[Coco] Including an SSC

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Oct 14 22:35:20 EDT 2014

Tim. that's the pin that is taped. CS? (I think). Then the rom is never selected.?It's all I've ever had to do.
You just wrap a piece of tape around both sides of the contacts so they never touch the contacts in the cart port/MPI/y-cable. Of course, this is not needed on the MPI.
I started out doing this back in my "cassette days" after reading about the fix (somewhere). I did it so I could use the dacs in my basic and ml programs.
I had Bells and Whistles 2 and Musica 2 both patched for this and a couple of sample recorders I wrote that also used the Orch90.
I had a program I wrote for one of the "sampling" keyboards in the 80s?that I would create and edit the ASDR of the waveform in a graphic editor on the Coco and have up to 4 samples in memory. I was recording raw samples through the joystick inputs before any of the commercial "sampling" programs ever came out. It was a trick I picked up for an article by William Barden. I could load in a sample to any of the 4 banks from tape. I could then?"play" these samples into my synth's mic input from the Orch90 phono outputs. I used this setup in a band I was in for doing some of Pink Floyds synth sounds.... the strings in "Comfortably Numb", the "machinery" in "Welcome To The Machine" the clocks in "Time" and several others. It was much quicker than "resampling" the sounds before every show.
After I got a disk drive, I never rewrote the program for disk as there were memory clashes and I was running a rom/ram system storing the samples under the roms. It give me about 31k of sample storage.
?
?
Anyway... just taping the CS pin worked for me. I used it like that for years.

Bill Pierce
?

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia