[Coco] Another installment to my Game Blog

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Mon Oct 6 17:50:16 EDT 2014

On 7/10/2014 5:36 AM, Tony Cappellini wrote:

> The reason I asked is due to the fact many musicians (hobbyists) still
> use music sequencers
> for the Atari ST series and Amiga computers, as opposed to using
> Ableton Live, ProTools or other similar modern version of that tpye
> ofsoftware.
>
> They seem to feel it's easier to use and/or more productive, so they
> keep using it.
> There may be some retro component that satisfies them as well, but
> it's mostly because they like *that* software more than anything that
> has come along since then.

I guess it could also be that the software was simpler. Simpler in that
it didn't have so many of the extra features that modern software has
evolved to. Some call it "bloatware". Most people only use a fraction of
the features in many modern programs.

I use Brilliance on the Amiga because it is simple, does the job and
most importantly, allows me to set a 2 bit RGB colorset to match the
CoCo exactly. Modern programs are all 24 bit or more and that can make
the conversion of colors to the CoCo inaccurate if not done right.

The Amiga also shows the exact screen resolution, complete with the
scanlines (if you're not using a scandoubler).

I also happen to like the Amiga.   :)

Nick