[Coco] Mounting CoCoSDC Disk Images in NitrOS-9

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Sun Nov 30 23:59:28 EST 2014

On 11/30/2014 10:39 PM, tim lindner wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 8:27 PM, Joel Ewy <jcewy at swbell.net> wrote:
>> What I'm gathering, in catching up with the mail list, is that there are
>> currently no utilities for mounting the disk image files on the SD card from
>> within NitrOS-9, is that correct?
> I finished sdir today. I'm working on sdrive now.
>
> In the nitro repo: 3rdparty/utils/tlindner.
Very cool.  I need to hang it up for tonight, anyway, so waiting for
sdrive makes a convenient excuse.

>> The sdx device descriptors are for big hard disk-like images using LBA.  But
>> the 4.5M NitrOS-9 image doesn't need LBA -- it's just like a giant floppy
>> disk, is that about right?
> Correct. But the /sdx descriptors are a bit faster.

So how do you get the /sdx descriptors to point to a disk image file?
Using the current stock nos96309l2v030300coco3_cocosdc.dsk the boot disk
shows up as /d0, "dir /sd0" or "dir /dd" results in error #244, and I'm
getting #247 errors on a disk image in /d1.  Do I need to dmode my /dx
descriptors to look like the /sdx?  Am I reading "cylinders" and "sides"
/d0 and /d1 don't think exist?  Nick M. mentioned a manual, but I
haven't found any documentation pertaining to CoCoSDC and NitrOS-9, but
I'm probably looking in the wrong place.

JCE