[Coco] The thrill of CoCo'ing again.

Kandur k at qdv.pw
Tue Nov 25 12:48:44 EST 2014

Christopher, a few month ago, I was in your shoes,

> skip<
>   1.  Finally setting aside the time to build an RGB to VGA solution for my
> CoCo3. I used a Wei-Ya AVC-011 converter, which required only a custom cable
> be constructed to create a reasonably crisp image. It's so much better than
> the CoCo3's composite out could manage! 80-column mode is finally legible!
> True, it's nowhere near as good as Luis's FPGA solution, but it's good enough for now.
> skip<
> > Christopher
Since I have not heard about the,
Wei-ya ACV-011 CGA to VGA converter, $72.98
http://preview.tinyurl.com/lsecv8k
I bought the,
GBS-8220 Video CONVERTER CGA YUV to VGA Monitor, $20.12
http://preview.tinyurl.com/l4uody9
Now I'm wondering, if bought the right converter.
Is the Wei-ya three times better, then the GBS-8220
as it's price indicate it?
Anybody, please feel free to comment on this.

Kandur