[Coco] Help loading cassette data on a CoCo 2

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Nov 23 09:18:59 EST 2014

Most phones have a compressor built into the sound. The compressor "normalizes" peaks and valleys in the wav therefore flattening the peeks. This is so most sounds come through the phone at the same volume. The Coco relies on the sample to be "unmodified".
 That's why you had to have a recorder without "auto level" recording back in the 80s, as they normalized the sound on record and made the tape unusable.

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com