[Coco] 1 or 2 meg upgrade

Mark Marlette mmarlette at frontiernet.net
Fri Nov 21 16:56:27 EST 2014

      From: Nick Marentes <nickma2 at optusnet.com.au>
 To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts <coco at maltedmedia.com>
 Sent: Friday, November 21, 2014 3:43 PM
 Subject: Re: [Coco] 1 or 2 meg upgrade

On 22/11/2014 7:22 AM, Mark Marlette wrote:
>> Nick,
>> #1 - I don't have a PAL CoCo and wouldn't make two versions of the board anyway, it would be very expensive.
>>
>> #2 is legit, just looked up the deposits invoices and your name is not on the list, so I guess you won't get one anyway....... :)
>>

>Not planning on supporting any new customers?

Yes but the cost will be higher for non deposit holders.
>Only reason I didn't deposit is because there was no PAL version planned.

>If I was to get an NTSC CoCo3, that could change but that brings me back
>to... when?

Working on it again. Spring and summer doesn't allow me CoCo time anymore. So thus the big push now in the winter.This will be the biggest design I have ever done. There are some hardware options that I am working on getting them working on development board level before I layout the board.

>I'm actually quite happy with my CoCo-SDC but depending on what your SB
>has (and price), I could shift.  :)
Darren did a great job and it is very well like!! My SD interface will not emulate the FDC, that is Darren's. It will allow other functions.
Regards,
Mark

Nick