[Coco] This is....is....is....

farna at amc-mag.com farna at amc-mag.com
Tue Nov 18 06:44:26 EST 2014

Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 20:04:31 -0600
From: "Camillus Blockx" <camillus.b.58 at gmail.com>

I understand your "sarcasme", but the reference to the 68000 was solely to
spark the
interest to combine the effort. I see some guys, tampering with the
RGBtoVGA, and
Kip Koon?is very exited to resurrect his Multi?CPU 6809 board, while
others again
dreaming of extension ( real I/O port, PS2, sound, etc ).?

So I just was thinking if all off the electronic masters here combine
there idea's,
and come with a super-de-luxe-controller board ( OK cartridge based then )
, I'm
sure some people would have interest. And if it can be so, now with the
SMD?technology, based on kind of a stackable( Modular ) system?like
Raspberry Pi or
Arduino. This would spread the cost over a longer period of time for
buyers, as they
can buy the basic board and add the modules they need/want later on.

Just brain-static...?LOL

Hmm... I believe it was Chris Burke who made a 68K plug-in board for the
CoCo many years ago. IIRC it piggybacked by plugging in the 6809 socket --
had its own memory, used the coco for i/o. It was most of a computer on a
card though, which to me defeats the purpose. Just build a minimal 68K
computer... the small savings of mating it to the CoCo greatly hampers the
power of the 68K CPU.