[Coco] vim for coco3 os9 is now in Genes-os9-stf

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sun Nov 9 14:45:48 EST 2014

On Sun, Nov 09, 2014 at 11:52:56AM +0200, J Arcane wrote:
> Modern Emacs is enormous, but the oldest *Macs editors ran on pretty
> ancient machines and made for very small editors. There's no way you could
> port Emacs official, but a *macs-like screen editor with the same screen
> commands and such could probably be done. There's even precedent for a Lisp
> variant running on OS-9.
>
> Whether it would perform well at all, I can't remotely say.

I'm not really sure where I got my memacs binary from, but it should
be on the Net somewhere. If not I can lha it up with its doc file.

It is a very micro micro-emacs though, doesn't have logo, never mind
lisp.

I've never had it crash on me but it does have some fairly tight RAM
limits. :-( I'm forced to edit curses.c with tsedit (or as Gene
insists on calling it, VIM).

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA