[Coco] usb keyboard for coco 2 / coco 2

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Nov 8 11:49:09 EST 2014

On Saturday 08 November 2014 09:46:09 Tom Seagrove did opine
And Gene did reply:
> At work we are about to throw out 30 PS2 keyboards brand new in the
> box.  Not high end but I could get some and mail them out if needed.
> Can look into it Monday and get a count.
>

> On Nov 8, 2014, at 9:30 AM, didier derny <didier at aida.org> wrote:
>
> I've seen the ps/2 keyboard interface on cloud9 web site

I hadn't noticed that, and I have several ps2 keyboards including the
legendary IBM clacker that could be used in place of the biblical jawbone
of an ass, and when the battle had been won, plugged in and used as if it
had never been unplugged.  I don't use it here because the keyclicks can
be heard clear to the other end of the house.  But on the coco in the
basement, I could probably get away with it. ;-)

> But now ps/2 keyboard are becoming hard to find

Unless you are a packrat. :)

> Any existing project for the Coco 2 / Coco 3 ?
>

> I'm thinking to build one for the commodore 116
>

> Do you know any existing cable or connectors to plug in the keyboard
> connector ?
>

> --
>
> Didier

Cheers, Gene Heskett