[Coco] The difference between /SD0 and /D0

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 17:52:14 EST 2014

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 3:35 PM, William Astle wrote:

> ... it seems pointless to have *both* the LBA driver and the floppy driver
> loaded. There's simply no need. And having only one or the other loaded
> would eliminate any possible interactions between the different modes of
> access and it would reduce the search space for the solution if there is
> only one driver involved.

Someone with a Multi-Pak may want to have both the CoCo SDC and a real
floppy drive connected at the same time. This requires routing the SCS*
signal to the correct MPI slot since both controllers use the same
addressing. SDC-DOS handles this situation automatically but I have no idea
if NitrOS9 provides any kind of MPI routing facility for devices.

Darren