[Coco] The Beta Test release of MShell

CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts coco at maltedmedia.com
Tue May 13 13:41:28 EDT 2014

CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts wrote:

> Ok.
> I think I got the drive check bug...
> I now have a new version up with the fix. I need someone with real floppies and possibly DW4 to give it a check. I also need the "Updater" function checked as Robert was having problems with it but it may have been related to the drive check problem.
> And PLEASE read the included text file. Also, the website has more info and requirements
>
> The MShell download
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23059963/MShell/MShell%201.0.3e.zip
>

> The MShell website
> https://sites.google.com/site/dabarnstudio/mshell---the-ultimate-os-9-gui
>

> Thanks to all who are participating... this is going to grow into something much bigger :-)
>

> Bill Pierce
> "Today is a good day... I woke up" - Ritchie Havens

Much better! No problems starting MShell whether booting NitrOS-9 from a hard
drive or a DrivePak. All disks can be accessed, OS-9 or Disk Basic, on
Drivewire, SCSI hard drives, DrivePak drives, and floppies.

No luck with Update. All I see is  "ss  hit Enter or click to continue". I have
an Internet connection active and DW4 is happy when asked to update. I am
assuming that I don't need to do anything with DW4 but just tell MShell (U U) to
update.
Does MShell automatically tell DW4 where to go on the Internet? Did I miss a
prerequisite that needs to be done before telling MShell to Update?

Robert