[Coco] DW3 & HDB-DOS

Spencer spencerjar at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 20 13:41:59 EDT 2014

Hello Everyone!

Ok been reading over docs (still a neophyte!!!) on DW3 and HDB-DOS, and I need a little clarification & guidance.

First things first:  I want to be able to connect either my CC2 or CC3 to my Windows 98 legacy gaming system, so I bought a DW cable. Then I thought I could load my Win98 system with .DSK files and run them on the CC using the DW server and the DW cable, but I'm confused as to what the client is on my CCs.  So what's the client for my CCs?

I thought I'd needed the HDB-DOS eprom in my CC disk controller for the client, but after I read Cloud9s doc on HDB-DOS and seeing their hard drive packages I'm more confused.  I see that even with Cloud9s hdd packages HDB-DOS is still needed in an eprom but what pak does it get installed in?

From reading several posts from you fine folks that's been doing this since the 80s, well I get a little overwhelmed with the information.  So if you can provide some help in neophytes terms :-) that would be great.

I found the site out there (you all know the site I'm sure) with tons of .DSK files, so I downloaded several for experimenting.  I do not have the HDB-DOS eprom installed in either my disk controller or a pak; I do have the DW cable installed between the two computers, and then I ran the DW server, I browse to where the .DSK files are but then how do I get them to run on the CC???  What am I missing on the CCs?  Client???

Thank you for any time and guidance you can provide!!

Spencer