[Coco] Sound Programming

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Tue Jun 17 21:05:25 EDT 2014

Hi Guys,

I've just dipped my toe into the water with Coco sound programming and
haven't have much luck so far, though I'm far from exhausting all
avenues of research at this point. I thought I'd fire a couple of
questions at you gurus in the mean-time...

Last night I was attempting to use the 1-bit sound ($FF22) but was
greeted with a deafening silence in MESS. Does anyone know if MESS
actually supports the 1-bit sound output? Also, is someone aware of some
sample ASM code that uses the 1-bit sound? I thought I'd configured
$FF23 correctly, but perhaps not...

In any case, I think I've deduced that the DAC would be a better choice
(even though I'll strictly be using 1-bit sound), if only because it
would output via the sound pak if it was connected. Is there any other
reason why it would be better to use the DAC - again, strictly for 1-bit
sound???

There's an example of DAC code available on the net so assuming that
works I shouldn't need any more assistance in that direction. More
interested in what I "should" be using!

TIA
Regards,