[Coco] OS9 defrag

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 21:38:30 EDT 2014

I'd imagine dsave would do the job fine if that's an option in your
environment.

Since I'm guessing Bill is on DriveWire, its worth mentioning that all
seeks are (essentially) equal, there is no advantage to reading contiguous
sectors vs random ones, so there isn't much (anything?) to be gained anyway.
Obviously physical media could be different, though given the small size of
most os9 files its probably not a big deal.  A quick shortcut would be to
identify which file(s) are actually being fragmented and just copy those,
since its likely to be only a very small number if any.