[Coco] CoCo 2 with Random Characters on Screen at Power Up

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Sun Jan 26 21:45:38 EST 2014

I would now try putting the 6847 back into your previously working CoCo and
seeing if it still functions okay.  It sounds possible that the bad CoCo
may be damaging 6847s that were previously okay.  This is particularly
possible if you tried the previously working 6847 in the bad computer
while that computer still had the bad 6809 in it.  Or you had the bad 6809
swapped into the good computer and the presence of the bad 6809 maybe
damaged its 6847 when you turned that computer on.  You may now need to
order one 6809 and two 6847s to put things right, if I'm surmising
correctly that the bad 6809 may be a 6847-killer.

Art