[Coco] strange bug in toolshed

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Sun Jan 26 15:37:54 EST 2014

On Sun, 26 Jan 2014 20:55:14 +0100
Tormod Volden <lists.tormod at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 2:36 PM, Christopher R. Hawks wrote:
> >         I'm curious as to why the makefile is being included in the
> > bootfiles in both d64 and dalpha. The lines in dalpha are:
> >
> > bootfile_covdg_ds80:    $(BOOTFILE_COVDG_DS80) $(DEPENDS)
> >                                 $(MERGE) $^ > $@
> > ($^ means everything or the right of the colon)
> >
> > and coco1 bootfile sez:
> >
> > bootfile_covdg_ds80: $(BOOTFILE_COVDG_DS80) $(DEPENDS)
> >         $(MERGE) $(BOOTFILE_COVDG_DS80)>$@
>
> Thanks for catching that, Christopher.
>
> Not sure if it is a good idea to have the makefile itself as a
> prerequisite, although it can seem handy. But for now I'll just do it
> as in the coco1 bootfiles makefile.

	It's pretty much a given. Without makefile as a prerequisite
for each file, you could change the makefile all day and make would
NOT rebuild the files (unless you did a clean or changed the source
files).

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
"True Terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high
school class is running the country."    			 --