[Coco] DriveWire frustration

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Sat Jan 25 15:30:05 EST 2014

On 01/25/2014 01:41 PM, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 2:33 PM, Steve <6809er at srbsoftware.com> wrote:
>> Why not have the server end of the software check to see if its the latest
>> version and it also verifies that the client is the right version too.
>> After all, that's how most software system work these days.
>>
> It does exactly this when the user chooses "check for new version".
> It does not take any action without the user's request, because I find
> that annoying.  Maybe I'll make it automatic for everyone else.

Actually, why don't you have it check for an update when it crashes and
wants to send a bug report?  Then it can advise the user to update
instead of filing a report for an obsolete version.  Or if it can't
check for an update in bug report mode, have it automatically check
during normal operation and set an obsolete flag so knows it's outdated
at bug report time.

JCE