[Coco] more 1 bit madness

Steve 6809er at srbsoftware.com
Tue Jan 21 00:00:14 EST 2014

Tandy did put a 3-voice sound chip in CoCo,  the never released Deluxe
Color Computer that would sold for twice the price of the CoCo 2.

But that's the problem.  Adding stuff like that would add to the cost of
the computer.  The only reason we got the CoCo 3 was its build cost
lower that the CoCo 2.

When the CoCo 3 was in development, I was fighting for a better graphic
system and a sound chip.  But the only improvement I got was the
programmable timer (for sound FX) since it could be added to the GIME
without taking that much room.  I was not happy about it, but you take
what you can get.

The fact the CoCo 3 did cost less to build than the CoCo 2 is the reason
why the CoCo line ended with three models and not two.

Steve