[Coco] NitrOS9 build errors

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Jan 19 19:58:26 EST 2014

On Sunday 19 January 2014 19:49:48 Bob Devries did opine:

> Hi Tormod,
>
> from a brief look at my build.log file, I'd say that the os9 format from
> toolshed only knows about DS (double sided) and DD (double density)
> disks. For example:
>
> os9 format -e -t80 -ds -dd -q

You can just as easy tell it
os9 format -e -t35 -ss -dd -q
for a 35 track SS image.

> nos96309l2v030209coco3.80d.dsk -n"NitrOS-9/6309 Level 2"
>
> It does not set the track density bit (can it even do so?)

This may need investigating, it needs to do so if -t80 and its a 5.25"
disk.  ISTR there is/was an option to do so.  However my machine is down
ATM, so I can't check other than reading the format.asm code.  As I am not
able to do that well till my machine is running again, I'll pass on making
a SWAG.

I would much rather we fix the descriptor makers to do that correctly, AND
then let format get the disks format from the descriptor, which it can do
just fine.