[Coco] 384 or 450 scanlines ?

John Kowalski sockmaster at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 16:29:13 EST 2014

Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>Eeee, why can't you just add a 30 Hz square wave to the vsync signal so
>that every 2nd field is one line lower ?

There's no reason why someone couldn't build an external circuit to
inject/modify the vsync pulse in every alternating frame of the CoCo's
output.  It would probably do the trick to induce interlaced video.
Note, though, that this will result in the alternating fields being
261.5 and 262.5 lines long instead of NTSC's technical specification
of 262.5 and 262.5.  but I'm pretty sure this would work fine on
pretty much any tv/monitor.

--
John Kowalski / Sock Master
http://users.aei.ca/twilight/sock