[Coco] Another Radio Shack Article

Al Hartman alhartman6 at optonline.net
Sat Jan 4 13:01:22 EST 2014

Tandy tried to position the Coco 3 against the Apple IIgs and the Amiga 500,
but the machine wasn't compelling enough because the graphics, color and
sound weren't as good.

If I were Tandy, I might have licensed the Laser 128EX Computer, or had
Franklin spin an Apple Clone to try to get a foot back in the educational
market.

I don't know what Radio Shack can do today to recapture mind share and
market share.

When I worked there, Television Antennas were a big part of our business.
We'd sell hundreds a month. That's obviously gone now.

Cell phones didn't save them. I don't think Arduino's will be a significant
business.

Maybe Radio Shack needs to jump on the 3D Printing bandwagon?

-[ Al ]-