[Coco] Another Radio Shack Article

iggybeans at comcast.net iggybeans at comcast.net
Sat Jan 4 07:28:16 EST 2014

>" I don't know what they might have done differently once the Wintel cancer metastasized. How could >they have stayed in the computer business once PC clones were cheap, fungible commodity items?"

Possibly continued to focus on hobbyists, hackers, and those interested in hardware and software projects?
Commodity computing was hardly the death note to recreational computing, it survives to this day.
As the average price of a Coco3 is now back up to about $100, and the price of production would actually be lower than in the past, why not build a few more?

Sounds crazy? That explains all those Atari retro machines that have been built.

AND, Tandy had a strong foothold in the Wintel market.

They decided to give up, no market force dictated it.