[Coco] Demaking Computer Games

Bill Loguidice bill at armchairarcade.com
Tue Feb 25 12:25:29 EST 2014

It's hair splitting I know, but I wouldn't classify Halo 2600 as a demake.
While it's a great game (I have it on cartridge), it's not a first person
shooter. It's a completely original action game that just happens to use
Halo universe themes. I would consider, for instance, the recent Doom demo
for the Vic-20 (of all systems) as a demake, because it keeps it as a first
person shooter and is reminiscent of the Doom graphics. That to me is the
definition of "demake," otherwise it's just another new game in the same
universe.

-Bill

Bill Loguidice, Managing Director; Armchair Arcade,
Inc.<http://www.armchairarcade.com>
Authored Books<http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Loguidice/e/B001U7W3YS/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_1>and