[Coco] First experiences with my DE1

Frank Swygert farna at amc-mag.com
Mon Feb 17 15:38:59 EST 2014

Al, I've done the same thing with very good results, but I'm good at putting myself (mentally) in someone else's place. Lots of people just can't seem to do that very well, especially engineers and software developers! I've had to write technical training manuals and such though. Some have trouble with it, some, like you and I, don't. In general, it's best to let someone without intimate knowledge of the programming write documentation though. When I wrote my own I always sent a review copy of the program and the docs to someone to proof it. Usually had just a few minor tweaks that were recommended.

============================

Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 18:50:15 -0500
From: Al Hartman<alhartman6 at optonline.net>

I don't agree.  I wrote the user interface and the manual for the CoCo
Greeting Card Designer, and many other Zebra products.

What you have to do is sit down with the product on one side, and your word
processor on the other and simply go through the steps of using the product
explaining each decision point and the consequences of making each choice.

Then, you can do a step by step straight through walkthrough of bringing up
the product using the defaults as a quick start guide.

It's easy. My manuals always get well reviewed as being thorough and easy to
understand.

-[ Al ]-