[Coco] First experiences with my DE1

nickma2 at optusnet.com.au nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Sun Feb 16 21:44:40 EST 2014

Good startup docs are important. Look at my experiences.

I've had all sort of problems getting a running system with the
CoCo3FPA yet I had the MSX core downloaded and running in 10 minutes
because of the easy to follow documentation/website.

That was a BIG difference.

In all fairness, Gary's CoCo3FPGA is still in development and
undergoing tweaking. My knowledge on FPGA's is close to ziltch but I
managed to get the MSX core up and running easily.

I have now joined the Yahoo groups so I'll be able to provide Gary
with some feedback once I get my DE1 up and running.

As an update, I have the CoCo3 running and booting up to Extended
Color Basic. It's operating like a diskless CoCo3.

My last hurdle (famous last words!) is to get the Disk Basic going.

ECB went into the FLASH memory at 00000 and while I've put the Disk
Basic at 08000, it doesn't boot to it.

After this, hopefully I can access DSK image files off the SDCard...
I'm assuming that is how it works. Many things to discover....

Nick