[Coco] Sub-Etha Software's newest "game" (sigh, not CoCo)

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sun Feb 9 17:28:59 EST 2014

I really want to write something for the CoCo, but I don't know enough about how to even turn on graphics screens (yet). Instead, I spent some time last night hooking up two resistors and an RCA jack to an Arduino UNO from Radio Shack in order to get simple video out of it. There is a library that produces low resolution black and white graphics in a way that sorta sounds like how the Atari 2600 must have done its video.

My late night experiments led me to the beginning of a Pac-Man type game, and I think this may get me motivated enough to try to learn CoCo programming.

I have four parts already written, and will be posting them each morning. Here is part one of the process I went through:

http://subethasoftware.com/2014/02/09/arduino-pac-man-project/

Nick's blog on his game efforts has inspired me. I really like reading what he writes, and the posts at John Linville's blog for his projects.
-
Allen Huffman - PO Box 22031 - Clive IA 50325 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
Sub-Etha Software - http://www.subethasoftware.com - Established 1990!
Sent from my MacBook.