[Coco] tandy 1000 ex/hx external drive

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Wed Aug 27 10:47:17 EDT 2014

I have one of those "EX/HX" drives that a friend gave me years ago. He had converted it to the Coco already when I got it. It's the one RS sold that was a small white case with no PS, just a drive in the case.
His method was to use a "standard" Coco drive cable and PS cable extender.
My drive has a mounting plate in it (5.25 to 3.5) with a 5.25 drive cable end to 3.5 end and the same is done for the PS. This plate can be removed and mounted in a standard Coco double drive case as well (where mine resides now). I have no clue where he got the mounting plate or if it was in the drive already.
I have come to cherrish that mounting plate as it allows me to use any 720k 3.5 drive with my Coco drive system (as long as it has jumpers). I keep the original case just in case I want to re-mount it someday, but for now, I like it in my Coco drive case.
If I get a chance, I'll post some pictures of it.

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com