[Coco] CoCo in Retro Gamer Magazine

Ciaran Anscomb cocomalt at 6809.org.uk
Tue Aug 26 17:16:15 EDT 2014

Nick Marentes wrote:
> Not a bad article, not too much technical detail although I cringed
> where they said...
>
> "16-bit opposition and lackluster marketing resulted in the Color
> Computer 3 being the last in the TRS-80 line."
>
> Wasn't that the case with all 8-bit computers by 1992? They make it
> sound like the Color Computer was a failure!
>
> This is a British magazine where the CoCo wasn't so prominant as in the US.

The CoCo 3 was not released in the UK.  To us (usual disclaimer of I
can't really speak for anyone else), it basically didn't exist (the net
later provided evidence of it, along with such oddities as machines by
some company called Apple).

On top of that, the CoCo 1/2 were so overpriced here that the Dragon
was far more popular - hence the exclusives of a previous thread.

..ciaran