[Coco] Early disk drive cabling

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Sun Aug 24 15:26:09 EDT 2014

I'm putting together an early silver CoCo system in an original-like configuration. I just received one of the early 26-3022 drives, in a silver case, made by TEC, with the big lever at the lower right corner to release the drive door. I also have a 26-3022 controller on the way, purchased separately.

I'll need to fabricate a ribbon cable. While I had the drive open to clean the head, I didn't find any drive ID jumpers. Did the early 26-3022 drive systems have contacts pulled from the individual edge connectors on the ribbon cable in order to manage drive IDs, as was done on some other TRS-80 internal cabling? Did the basic single-drive system originally include a cable with edge connectors for additional drives, or did the cable need to be replaced when adding drives?

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/