[Coco] My next project: WIP

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Sun Aug 24 00:28:32 EDT 2014

On 24/08/2014 12:42 AM, Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) wrote:

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUhgXZwtIJU&feature=youtu.be

Sampling video well is not a trivial task, which is why whole chips have
been designed to do the job. I have worked on a commercial product that uses
the TVP7002 and then processes the output in an FPGA. Even then, the TVP7002
has a whole host of configurable registers that need tweaking for each
application.

A few years ago I was playing around with it during development and added a
video mode for the Coco 3 RGB output and got a very nice result (I've got a
photo of it somewhere on my machine at work). More recently when developing
Lode Runner I fired it up again but the unit I had wasn't configured
properly - I've been meaning to dig out the source and get it up and running
properly for Coco and Amiga. The really nice thing about that product was it
could upscale to 1080p and also adjust the aspect ratio.

Good luck - great progress for 3 days!!! :O

Regards,