[Coco] The .DSK format/structure

tim at franklinlabs.com tim at franklinlabs.com
Fri Aug 22 11:15:41 EDT 2014

For the most part, the DSK image is just that. An image. There's no specific
format for a DSK file. A floppy diskette or hard drive is divided into sectors.
These sectors are either 256 or 512 bytes in length. The CoCo is 256 bytes. the
sector length is determined by the original operating system used. These sectors
are save in a DSK file as raw data. The format is determined by the drive
emulation software being used.