[Coco] Reading floppies with CRC error?

tim lindner tlindner at macmess.org
Wed Aug 20 10:12:55 EDT 2014

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 7:43 PM, Kandur <k at qdv.pw> wrote:

> Thanks Tim.
> Yes, the CRC error comes from the drive controller, not from the OS, it
> just passes it along.
> This 'read track' program could even show the address marks, pre- and
> post-gap etc.
> Way back when, I used a CP/M or ML program, just to do that.
> Two questions:
> 1)      What is the easiest way to xfer this code to the Coco?
> 2)      Where will this program write the recovered output?

 Well you should really find a copy of CDM (Color Disk Manager). I did not
know about it until Steve Ostrom posted about it.

But the answer to questions #1, is to type it in. It's short and even
shorter if you don't type in the comments.

The answer to question #2 is: The buffer between $6000 and $6FFF.

Also add this line:

185 POKE &HFF40,0: ' STOP DISK FROM SPINNING

Thank you for the compliment on my blog.

--
tim lindner