[Coco] Reading floppies with CRC error?

Steve Ostrom smostrom7 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 19 22:40:14 EDT 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: tim lindner
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 9:14 PM
To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts
Subject: Re: [Coco] Reading floppies with CRC error?

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 9:30 AM, Kandur <k at qdv.pw> wrote:

> Reading floppies with CRC error?

It is possible to patch RSDOS' DSKCON to do track reads instead of sector
reads.

Also, there are various software packages that do the same.  I use CDM
(Color Disk Manager) for any disk where I get errors.  You can use it to
read tracks or sectors, and just bypass the damaged sector of data.  You can
also replace individual bytes on the disk.  Useful if you have a tape
program that was stored on disk with a filename that is legal for tape but
not for disk.  Fun stuff !!  If I recall, it was written by Rodger Smith,
the same guy who wrote Brewmaster, Flippy, and many other great programs.

Coco_Steve