[Coco] cloud 9 website problems

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Aug 13 08:05:39 EDT 2014

On Wednesday 13 August 2014 05:34:15 mike delyea did opine
And Gene did reply:
> It could be related to the 512k routes bug.
>
> http://www.zdnet.com/internet-hiccups-today-youre-not-alone-heres-why-7
> 000032566/

IMO it walks and quacks exactly like this duck.  And this is something our
little 4 to 64 megs of ram home routers can't do a thing about.  This one
is up to the guys with the big pipes to fix.

My success here is sporadic.  If I hit F5 enough times, it works. But
mostly doesn't the first time.  I am using whatever dns servers shentel
gives my router when my router does its dhcp thing.

In the FWIW dept:

Addresses such as mine, for my web page are volatile, and often tied to
the mac address of the device, acting as if fixed.  But Shentel (nor
anyone else I have contacted) will NOT tell you this.

But they are not fixed, and to restore access to my web page (in the sig
below) after my buffalo router got funkity and I replaced it with a
NetGear WNR3500, with it reflashed to dd-wrt of course, I had to tell the
new router to spoof the old routers mac address.  Then the magic of having
a registered domain works again.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)