[Coco] ASM parameters was: Which version of asm is the most popular?

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Tue Aug 12 19:56:25 EDT 2014

There is no internal help for the OS-9 command ASM nor is there an entry in the
OS-9 command HELP for asm. This seems like a good time to refresh our memories
on this program's parameters.

I was complaining about the case sensitivity of the current ASM and did find an
assembly switch that could turn it off. After spending some time studying the
source code, I've found there is a parameter that can select for case
sensitivity ON/OFF. Could be a 'senior moment' or I never knew this parameter
existed, so ....

ASM parameters which need to be separated by a space or maybe a ,
U  :turn OFF case sensitivity as everything is forced Upper
-U :case sensitivity ON (default)
W  :line width option for printing
D  :page depth         "
L  :listing ON
-L :listing OFF (default)
N  :narrow listing for 32 character screen
-N :full (default)
O  :create object file in CMDS unless specified
-O :no object file (default)
S  :symbol table if Listing is ON. You get ALL the def info!
-S :no symbol table (default)

There are some others but they would not be used in the command line.

Robert