[Coco] DW3 and a Chess game

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sat Aug 9 23:10:24 EDT 2014

Spencer via Coco wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> A newcomer with DW3/HDB-DOS & CC3 w/512k ram.  Loaded this Chess game (.BAS)
 > in drive 2 of DW3, on the CC I loaded it and then RUN, and it never loaded.
 > I don't care about the game failing the load, BUT now when I start DW I keep
 > getting Error(244).  Did any peeks or pokes from this game hurt something in
 > my system?  If not do I ever have to worry about software breaking something
 > in my hardware?
>
> Thanks

Spencer,

First you say the game was loaded and then you say it "never loaded." Can't have
it both ways. :)

If you will post the specific chess program, we can test it with DW3. However,
what likely happened is that the game contains its own disk I/O routines that
hard code floppy drive0 and bypass the Drivewire routines.
If that is the case, the game will not work with Drivewire unless someone
patches the game.

Robert