[Coco] Becker Port support in MESS

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Fri Aug 8 10:38:35 EDT 2014

I agree that it really doesn't belong in the official Mess release, but from a software developing view, it's handy to be able to do the same things in Mess that I do on my real Coco and Vcc (and Mess cannot do).... DW4 Midi, Internet Access, virtual printer, multiple HDs (more than 2), remote terminal etc. The original Coco may not have had the Becker Port, but Mess does not have a real serial port either... so.....
Maybe what we should be working on is using the logic behind the Becker Port and incorporate it into the serial port so "normal" DriveWire thinks it's talking to the bitbanger. Make the bitbanger a TCP port (more or less).

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com