[Coco] can't build nitros9

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Thu Aug 7 23:39:40 EDT 2014

I just tried grabbing the nitros9 repo and building it. I got a segfault
from lwasm (latest hg version) building asm.

I suggest giving it a go with the actually released version of lwtools
(4.10). It's possible I have broken something in the current lwtools hg
development stream. The fact that the current hg version of lwtools is
not released means any changes haven't been well tested yet and they
just might format your hard drive or something else unpleasant (like
crashing).

On 14-08-07 08:36 PM, Bob Devries wrote:
> On looking through more of the repository, I found that most (all??)
> source files have a .asm extension.
>
> Something has gone amiss methinks.
>
> Regards, Bob Devries
> Dalby, QLD, Australia
>
> On 8/08/2014 12:27 PM, Bob Devries wrote:
>> Commenting on my own post....
>>
>> It appears that the source files in the lib directory have had their
>> extensions changed from .a to .as, but the makefile is still using .a.
>>
>> I'll check other directories to see if this is global.
>>
>> Regards, Bob Devries
>> Dalby, QLD, Australia
>>
>> On 8/08/2014 10:34 AM, Bob Devries wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to build NitrOS9 from the repository. I downloaded (using
>>> hg) the lwtools, toolshed and NitrOS9 repositories, and built each
>>> one in turn. Lwtools builds fine, and Toolshed does too, but with a
>>> number of warnings. NitrOS9 doesn't build at all. the command I
>>> issued (on KUbuntu Linux) was:
>>>
>>> make dsk
>>>
>>> Output is:
>>> make -C /lib && make -C /level1 && make -C level2 && make -C level3
>>> && make -C 3rdparty && :
>>> make[1]: Entering directory '/lib'
>>> make[1]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop