[Coco] 6809 compilers

Greg Law glaw at live.com
Thu Aug 7 21:58:39 EDT 2014

Joel Ewy wrote:

> Actually, it looks like the LRtech Superboard was a SCSI adapter for the
> CoCo (3) from a little later on in the '80s, so it might have been code
> for the rma assembler instead.  I'm not sure I could tell the difference
> at a glance.  May have been developed on a CoCo 3 in OS-9 Level II.  But
> it is definitely OS-9 device driver and device descriptor code.

Assembler sources for the asm assembler have a mod statement toward the top
and an emod statement near the end whereas sources for the RMA assembler
have psect/csect/vsect statements. Sources are system modules (kernel,
managers, device drivers, and device descriptors) all use the asm assembler
because (if I'm not mistaken) the RMA assembler can't generate the strict
layout required for system modules.