[Coco] Clock2 module for LR-Tech Superboard RTC for NitrOS-9

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Aug 5 11:21:05 EDT 2014

On Tuesday 05 August 2014 08:09:17 Kip Koon did opine
And Gene did reply:
> Hi NitrOS-9 L2 Experts!
>
> I'm looking for a Clock2 module to communicate with the Real Time Clock
> on the LR-Tech Superboard.  Has one ever been written?  I'm also
> interested in serial and parallel modules as well.  Any ideas?

Having walked around in that codes precursors a couple decades back, the
most important bit of info is "which clock chip is it".  Some are ok, some
are a PITA, and some Just Work(TM).  Two in the PITA category are the ones
used on the B&B-XT-RTC kits, and the one Tony used on the SC-II+4in1.

The B&B RTC is password protected even just to read the time, and takes
way too much time since the password is bit shifted into it serially.
Using it online at 300 baud (and up) caused rzsz to do hundreds of
restarts and I eventually re-wrote that clock for 2x a day updates from
the hardware as once a minute was a major PITA.

Then Tony's version is susceptible to powerdown/powerup noises, and needs
a setime at startup to correct that about half the time.

The clock on the TC^3 is flawless so far in better than a decade.  I think
I have set it maybe annually, or at DST on/off switches.  Nitros9 needs a
t-zone file, callable by the clocks alarm function.  But I'd call that one
as Just Works(TM) anyway.

I have no clue whats on an LR-Tech interface.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)