[Coco] Floppy drive belts

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Sep 26 22:07:35 EDT 2013

On Thursday 26 September 2013 21:58:25 Brian Blake did opine:

> Hey guys,
>
> I just received a J&M controller and dual disk drive set up from and
> ebay auction.
>
> The controller has rsdos and jdos and seems work. The floppy drives need
> help. Both drive belts slip like crazy.
>
> Anybody know where to find  replacement drive belts for Shugart SA200
> drives? Pretty sure these are the original drives for a J&M product.
>
> I'm still google searching, but, I figured I'd ask too....
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brian

Likely made out of a very expensive grade of unobtainium by now.  I would
first check to see if the motor is mounted in slots, which would allow its
bolts to be loosened and slid so as to restore some of the lost tension.

And this might sound crazy, but one of my now head worn Tandon 100-4's also
suffered from that,  I removed the belt, took 1/16" out of it, then butt
glued the two ends of the cut back together with superglue.  It worked just
fine for 3 or 4 years!  Then about 4 years ago I went to upgrade the emc
install on my milling machines box, but found the cdrom drive's belt that
opened and closed the drawer had gone slack, so I took about 3/32" out of
it, and superglued the butt end of that teeny little square section belt
back together.  Still working just fine.