[Coco] toolshed

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Thu Sep 26 17:58:45 EDT 2013

Bill wrote:
> What is the trick to making a .dsk from toolshed?
>

> I use the command 'os9 format -t40 -ds work.dsk' and get a good disk.
>

> I use the command 'os9 copy test.txt work.dsk,' and the .dsk file will not
> load in VCC. Gives me the Error 253 (Non-sharable file busy)
>

> Or sometimes I get an Error 249 (wrong type)
>

> I haven't even tried the decb commands yet; I want to conquer the OS-9 ones
> first.
>

> Help??
>

> Thanks

Bill,

There should be documentation for Toolshed somewhere. It is in the source code
at Sourceforge. In any case, you probably are running into end of line
translation problems and perhaps syntax problems.

The example given in the docs for COPY show the following as the needed syntax
for your attempt above.

os9 copy -l test.txt work.dsk,test

Try this and post your results.

Robert