[Coco] Regarding a cheap floppy emulator

Frank Swygert farna at amc-mag.com
Tue Sep 10 09:36:17 EDT 2013

Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 20:15:41 -0500 (CDT)
From: Christopher Smith<csmith at wolfram.com>

I might do the Raspberry Pi if I can cobble together an interface that doesn't require me to have a completely separate keyboard and display for it.  Honestly, I don't want a separate standalone computer system for disk service.  I'd like the disk device to be a dedicated peripheral with the space footprint appropriate for such.  Yes, drivewire should be easy.  I do have the cables, I have a bunch of old machines that would probably run it, and I intend to at least use it for moving data back and forth, but I'd much prefer that the computer had its own storage.

Wouldn't it be possible to write a program for the RPi that would work as a floppy emulator though? You may need to plug in a monitor and keyboard to set it up, then it could run headless after that? I think that would be acceptable.

--
Frank Swygert
Editor - American Motors Cars Magazine